What are Workgroups?
Workgroups are groups of people who meet regularly to solve industry challenges.
When problems are identified, a workgroup is created to find a solution through Board-approved charters. Workgroup members collaborate to solve the problem and create an end deliverable. At any given point in time, HTNG has 10-20 workgroups in progress.
In addition to solving industry challenges, workgroups provide excellent opportunity for interaction between members to help form customer, supplier and partner relationships.
A typical workgroup will:
- Include hospitality members, consultants & industry partners from different companies.
- Meet weekly or bi-weekly via web conference.
- Meet periodically face-to-face at HTNG events.
Workgroups have a lifespan of 6-12 months and will advance through the following phases:
- Potential Workgroups: An idea put forth by industry stakeholders for a possible workgroup.
- Active Workgroups: A group of people who are regularly meeting on a specific topic. These workgroups are solving the industry problems as set forth in their board-approved Charter, or are actively writing their Charter document.
- Completed Workgroups: A workgroup that has completed deliverables, and may be reconvened for updates in the future.
suggest a workgroup